A CNAME Record is required for your hosted Landing Page page.
- Log in to your 1&1 account.
- If it's not already selected, click the Administration tab.
- Click Domains. The Domain Overview page appears.
- From the New drop-down menu, select Create Subdomain. (If you've already created a subdomain for your website's address, skip to step six.)
- Enter the prefix of the address that you picked in LaunchRock, and click OK. (For example, if you chose signup.yoursite.com for your custom address, you should enter signup here.)
- Check the box next to the subdomain. (Example: signup.yoursite.com)
- From the DNS menu, select Edit DNS Settings.
- Click the radio button next to CNAME.
- Next to Alias, enter host.launchrock.com.
- Click OK.
Congratulations! Your CNAME record is now configured to point to LaunchRock.
If you have trouble configuring your CNAME records, you can check out the 1&1 tutorial page. Or, view a sample message to use when you contact 1&1 for further assistance at their support page.
To redirect your base domain edit your 1&1 A Record
Once you've modified your A records, it may take up to 72 hours for changes to update live.