Editing your A Record points your base domain (e.g. yoursite.com) to your LaunchRock page.
- Log in to your account at gandi.net
- Click the Administration tab, and scroll down to the DNS management area.
- Click Manage DNS zone file.
- You will now see a table presenting your zone file, and three links above it: 'simple', 'normal', and 'expert'. It is actually easier to use the 'expert' interface, so click on that.
- You will see a box called ‘Zone Bind’
- In the box look for the @record for the domain you want to change.
- Replace the IP address number with 188.8.131.52
- So the final edit will look something like this @ 10800 IN A 184.108.40.206
- Click Submit
Note: To increase reliability you should create four A records and point each one to a different LaunchRock IP address:
Congratulations! Your A record is now configured to point to LaunchRock.
If you have trouble editing your A Records, you can check out the gandi.net tutorial page. Or, view a sample message to use when you contact gandi.net for further assistance at their support page.
A CNAME record is required for your hosted Landing Page. Create your gandi.net CNAME record.
Once you've modified your A records, it may take up to 72 hours for changes to update live.